Back on the road again . . . !

One of the many great things about doing shows is meeting new people. Chris Gray from Mabon Arts had a stand across the aisle from us at FOQ and her stand was a joy to behold. Beautiful hand dyed silk threads and kits to play with. Chris was fascinated by my painted Bondaweb and asked to have a corner off one of my pre-painted sheets to decorate a sample she was working on. This is it in progress. Chris produces very sensitive work, very delicate - Yes! I CAN appreciate this - don't be shocked.

The next day Chris gave me a bag full of divine threads by way of thanks, what a lovely thought.
I was very tempted by all kinds of packs of dyed tissue and colour themed threads. Have a look at her blog and see what she has to offer, lovely stuff. Her new website will be 'up' at the end of this month.

x

I am off to one of my favourite places to teach today - Art Van Go
I am teaching a 3 day summer school based around my workshop Hot New Surfaces for Stitch. We are going to have such fun with this - 3 whole days to play and experiment, we may even get to do some stitch.

I am really looking forward to seeing Viv and Kevin and seeing how their lovely garden is looking in high summer.  I will show you how we are all getting on over the next few days.

x

I go straight up to Inkberrow Design Centre in Redditch on Saturday night to set up for 3 one day workshops.
I am pleased these workshops are running, they are from my 'back to basics' range of workshops. I teach so many 'layered' workshops now, incorporating all kinds of techniques and materials. It will be so good to teach basic (and very important) processes separately.
Sunday is 'On the Surface', my basic Bondaweb course, Monday is 'Tinkering with Tyvek', funnily enough, we will be experimenting with Tyvek and Tuesday is what I am really looking forward to - 'Transforming Transfers'. Learning how to work with transfer paints (disperse dyes).


painted Bondaweb with skeleton leaves, glitter and heat transfer foil

Inkberrow Design Centre is run by my friend Brenda Killigrew who also owns Castanea - Crafts in Spain where I also teach. www.castaneacraftcourses.com It will be good to spend some time with her. We haven't had a chance to catch up for a while - I'm going to have a very social time this week.
x

Thanks Jill x


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016