The Festival of Quilts - 1st day

Here I am loving having my photo taken - not! We had a very busy first day - I haven't really had a chance to get out and have a look at any of the exhibits yet - I will try to get in early tomorrow and have a good look around and report back. . . . 

Sarah's lovely daughter Fran is helping on the stand - she is great fun and has promised to help me with the mysteries of  Facebook.

 Sarah is demonstrating her wonderful techniques with all things sparkly in the middle of the stand


This was a piece of Bondaweb I had pre painted with Sarah's wonderful Colourful Thoughts paints and was about to cut it up into small pieces for some smaller samples but thought it was so beautiful I couldn't cut it - So I ironed it off onto a piece of black cotton. I will probably use it as a background for hand stitch.

 





I was working with old newspapers and painted Bondaweb today - I still can't decide if I prefer torn or cut edges . . . . . tomorrow I will be working Vilene Spunbond. It was a great day today, meeting lots of old faces and catching up with friends, it's a wonder I got any work done.
So - off to bed now, it's going to be another very busy day tomorrow. I hope to see some of you there . . . . 

x


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016