What a fabulous day!

 One of my samples from several years ago when I was a student on one of Ruth Issett's wonderful Summer Schools for the TSG (Textile Study Group)


I am having a fabulous day, I have just returned from giving my last lecture this year to a new group based in East Grinstead. The group is named 'Context' - and they are a Comtemporary Quilt Group with a large and lively membership. I had a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours talking to the group and showing them some of my work and samples - old and new. It was good to get a chance to look at some of my older pieces as well as all my new newspaper and Spunbond pieces.

  This was a popular sample - layers of CS500 Vilene Spunbond, painted Bondaweb and gilding flake cut with a soldering iron ans ironed onto black CS500.

'Context' have only been together for a year but seem very well organised. Everyone was very helpful and happy - there was a great atmosphere. I really had a great time - I think all the ladies did too . . . 

x

On the way out of The Chequermead Centre where Context meet I bumped into one of my ex students who studied with me for 2 years at Portslade.
It was wonderful to see her and to catch up with what she had been up to. 
She was very eye catching as she was wearing an 1805 empire line costume including a bonnet. Very Jane Austin! One of things Eileen is now up to is running a period and fancy dress costume hire facility out of the Chequermead Centre every Saturday from 10 - 1pm. All the costumes are hand made and exquisitely finished (she didn't learn that from me!). The proceeds go to help the Chequermead Theatre and they have raised £14.000 in the past 3 years - amazing!!!It is always so GOOD to see my girls.

  x

My day will get even better as my best friend in the whole world and Margate (old T.V show reference - I think it was Adreinne Posta) is coming down from London where she lives and we are spending the evening with my gorgeous sister and her husband. They are planning a sumptuous meal for us and no doubt a little alcohol will be consumed. I am going to be a very old lady on Monday and I will be about to leave for the D & T show that day so we are celebrating tonight! Yeehaaa - All my favourite people together in the same room. Marvelous. (That would include Talulah and Jill if you could get here)!!!

So - time to wind down, choose what wear - elasticated waist possibly!!!!
It feels as though school is out. Definitely time to turn up the music on the stereo and start to apply the poly-filla!!!!!


Hope you are having a great day too . . .  x



Comments

  1. Hello Kim
    I take it it your Birthday on Monday? Well A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Elizabeth in Australia. Hope you have a fab day. Your Friend Elizabeth xx

    PS loved your post about your dinner preperations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elizabeth - it has to be done. I had a great evening with fireworks and great food.
    It was good to spend time with my sister. I don't see her often enough.

    I am just planning my flights for Australia/New Zealand at the end of March. It wont be long now . . x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there in spirit darling, cheers for a wonderful day on Monday.xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016