Getting up to date . October 2016. Wandering around County Clare and The Knitting and Stitching Show in Dublin.


 There are some incredible textures along the cliffs in County Clare - so much to photograph and to draw.

 So . . .  the Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally has come and gone - it was very busy and had some very beautiful exhibitions, some of which will be coming to the show in Dublin this week. 

The day after the show in London my best mate Claudia and I caught the ferry over to Rosslare. It was a long drive, but worth it. We stayed over night in Waterford and traveled over to West Clare the next day. I wanted Claudia to see the house I am buying in Kilbaha before we exchanged contracts. Claudia agrees the house is wonderful, though a bit remote. But that is part of it's charm. I will have to get used to allowing extra time for travel.

We had a few days to have a wander around the area. I love the weather here - you really do have 4 seasons in one day. I just love the light, and there are 30 minutes more daylight every day here on the West Coast. I just love it. I know there will be days of terrible wind and rain - but I will be all warm and snuggly in my house. 
I am not going to post any photos of the house until we get to exchange - which will hopefully be next week. At last!!

 
 Claudia on the rocks at Kilkee.

 I love the texture and strata of the rocks, just fabulous.

 
 The Bridges of Ross - not far from my house.

***

I will drive over to Dublin on Tuesday ready to collect the lovely Laura Strutt from the airport and we will move into our house in Dublin ready to set up for the show on Wednesday. I am very much looking forward to the show.
The show runs from Thursday 20th October - Sunday 23rd. 
Laura, Sharron and I will be on the Vlieseline stand F56, opposite Jan and Jean. We have moved - do come and find us. 
There are some particularly good exhibitions. Not least the exhibition of work of 25 years from Jan and Jean - it is FANTASTIC! 

2 other exhibitions that are traveling to Dublin are showcasing work by Alysn Midgelow Marsden and Anne Kelly, 2 great friends of mine.

It was great to see Alysn again at Ally Pally, her work is absolutely fascinating. The way she uses metal is brilliant. I think the work in her current exhibition is the best I have seen. There are some very interesting developments.


A few images from Alysn's show.

Anne Kelly's book Textile Nature has fast become a best seller. The diverse styles of work in the book are shown in her current exhibition. It is very exciting. There is even a full size shed to look in. It is great fun.


A few shots from Anne's exhibition at Ally Pally.

It will be great to see Anne and Alysn at the show in Dublin - Yeehaaa!!!! Here we come. Anne is on stand number TG 5 and Alysn is just across the way on stand TG 8. Do come to the show if you can, it is going to be fabulous.
Come and see us on stand F56


***
Hello Jill - not long now, hope you are having a fab time.
Hello Diana - will reply at some stage - love to you both.
Hello Tod - see you very soon. Make a note of the stand number.

 x x x

Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016