A catch up and my last workshops this year . . !

 Beautiful inspiration for design . . and colour.

This is a quick post to keep you all up to date with what is happening teaching wise. 
I have now finished teaching Experimental Textiles at IDC and will be offering modules from it online from January 2018. They are likely to be 6 week modules, but I will see how everything goes this year.
I am going to start online teaching at the end of May this year, but they will short courses. More technique based. As my first book Hot Textiles had been withdrawn from print - I thought I might start with that! 

I have so enjoyed teaching my course Experimental Textiles in various forms over the past twenty years or so, and of course, there is also the book of the same name. It is time for me to cut down on my teaching and get on with my own work. All the time I am teaching, I can't concentrate on my own work. And it is time . . .


***

It was the last weekend of ExTex as it is called in short form. It was odd - seeing the group who I have got to know over the past nine months for the last time and collecting in their work for the end of year show at the NEC. I have no doubt I will see many of them again, but not as a part of ExTex.

 I will wait to take proper photos at the show - these are just to tickle your taste buds.

The Fashion & Embroidery Show is the highlight of my year. I have my own stand on L18 and I will be running the workshops in the Vlieseline Workshop. www.fashionembroidery.co.uk/birmingham/book-workshops
The workshops are now booked online - so no having to dash from the door to my stand to get a ticket.

The Fashion and Embroidery Show - March 16th - 19th - I LOVE it!!!

 My students end of year show will be along side my stand on L20.
Do come along and say hello.

 ***

 So - I only have a few workshops left this year. I am not teaching at all next year - well, just online.
Here are my workshops and the links to them -


June 16th - 18th
A New Starting Point - £325 - residential
Stitch Retreats
Wyboston Lakes Hotel

***

 

August 17th & 18th
 Stitched and Printed Travels - £95
Art Van Go
The Studios
1 Stevenage Rd
Knebworth
Herts SG3 6AN
Tel: 01438 814946

 ***


August  21st - 24th
The Journey Through Printing Blocks
IDC
The Old Needleworks
 Britten Street
Redditch
phone - 01527 69100

***

I will also be teaching workshops on Jersey September 15th - 17th - am just trying to work out what to teach - will post details in the next blog post.

***

 The week after the show I will be flying to New Zealand to teach.  
I am very much looking forward to seeing old friends - and making new ones . .

I will be updating daily on Facebook during the show - so do check in - www.facebook.com/kim.thittichai

x x x 


Comments

Popular posts

Extreme Surfaces for Stitch - West Dean College July 17 - 20

Zap, Pow, Slash and Burn! Foredown Tower part the first

Hot Textiles at The Bridge, Brighton. 6th and 7th September

The Full Works - 2 day workshop, Solihull Embroiderers Guild 17th & 18th July

More prettys at Bobbys

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot Techniques for jewelled surfaces - part 2

Sussex Quilters - Tinkering with Tyvek workshop 5th June

West Dean - Layered Textiles - Hot techniques for jewelled surfaces part 3

Registering your interest in my online teaching . . .

Colouricious Textiles Holiday - Block Printing Jaipur. 20th - 30th September 2016